Monday, February 21, 2011

A Pink Party!

Last Saturday we celebrated Maddie's 3rd birthday. I can't believe it's been THREE years since that February day that I gave birth to her. Time has just flown by. I knew I would be very pregnant for her party so I really tried to keep it simple and not overwhelm myself with a lot of home made details.

While we wait on baby - and I finish up my baby projects - I thought I'd share just a few images from her very pink party.

A pink ruffle cake! My sister, cake decorator extraordinaire, piped the ruffles on. (Thanks for the idea, Martha!) The cake bunting turned out a little big, but still worked!

Photobucket

Pink cupcakes!

Photobucket

A very happy birthday girl!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And in case you were wondering...nope, she's not a big sister *quite* yet. I'm 41 weeks today, so it's got to be soon, right?
Molly

3 comments:

  1. You're *still* pregnant? ;)

    I went 42w2d with my first and it was the worst 16 days of my life. Good thing babies are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Soon to be Big Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm in love with the ribbon-y effect on her birthday cake! I might be a leeetle tempted to do something similar for Hazel's birthday cake. If I do, I'll be sure to give credit where credit is due :)

    Happy birthday little gal! :)

    ReplyDelete