Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Maddie's Quilt

I finally got around to taking proper pictures of Maddie's big girl quilt. Which, by the way, she loves to tell people that "my mommy made for me". She sure knows how to make Momma's heart swell.


Here's the back. I used the block tutorial from this post over at Moda Bake Shop. These blocks were SO much fun to make. I ended up adding an extra strip to the block to make them slightly bigger.

Okay, one more picture and I promise I'm done foaming at the mouth over this quilt.


I'm already assembling my next quilt. It's for the baby...if it's a boy. I kind of think it is...this week anyway. My official "if it's a girl" quilt is still bouncing around inside my head, but it'll be ready for paper soon. Wait, you guys didn't forget that I look like this now, right? Actually, this is about 5 weeks ago...so, yeah. Somebody is growing like a weed in there!

6 weeks until my official due date! I have a LOT of baby crafting to do! Not to mention clean the house, stock the freezer, take down the tree...uh, anyone want to volunteer to be my maid? It pays in leftover Christmas chocolate. ;)

Molly

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so madly in love with this quilt! did you stipple it on a regular machine? I have only ever done little crib quilts and am nervous about quilting a big quilt on a normal machine...hmmm??

    have a really relaxing last few weeks waiting for baby!

    PS. you were one of the first blogs I ever started following when I joined the blogosphere in 09... So happy you are still blogging!!

    Starr (used to be Earth Mama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Starr!!

    I did use my regular machine...and it's not a fancy one either, just a standard Singer! My feed dogs don't even lower, I had to buy a cover. I was a little worried it wouldn't be able to handle it, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought. The batting was pretty thin, so I think that helped make it easier to manage through the middle section. :)

    I'm so happy you're still following!

    ReplyDelete