Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rainbow Dress

I just realized I never blogged one of my favorite things I've ever made for my Madeline. And in honor of her turning 5 (FIVE!) yesterday, I thought today would be a good day.

It's just a simple peasant bodice - I'm telling you guys, once you understand the construction of a peasant bodice, it takes under 30 minutes to construct one. Then you get to be creative with the skirt!



 I wanted Madeline's to be super twirly, so each tier is approx. 50% longer than the tier above it.



See? Super twirly. She LOVES this dress.


A customer asked me to recreate it for her daughters birthday and together we came up with this color combination:

I really, really love this one too! Such happy, fun colors!

Ok, that's all! Just a quick fly-by so I don't break my self-imposed rule of going more than a month without blogging!

Molly

3 comments:

  1. You created some very good tips there. I did looking around the subject and found most everyone will recognize together with your weblog.

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete