Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My new baby

No, not *that* kind of baby.

This kind.


I ditched my little not-so-trusty Singer for an upgrade. It's not a huge upgrade, but enough of one that it's making a huge difference in my sewing time. A local sewing shop is going out of business and I got it for a song.

It's first night home I pulled out some of my new fabric and made a little dress for Madeline. I think this one might be one of my favorites to date. It was fast and easy, but still super cute. If there is any interest, I may do a tutorial.

I love this fabric. It's "Fresh" by Deb Strain.

I know I've been a little scarce, but this new machine is just the kick in the pants I needed to get back to sewing. I just finished up a doll quilt that I'll share soon, I'm slowing honing those quilting skills!

6 comments:

  1. The dress is just darling!!!

    It's funny how much your sewing skills improve with a better machine. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress! I would LOVE a tutorial if you have the time! Thanks for sharing your joy with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a tutorial. I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable dress! I'd love to see a tutorial.

    And I think we have the same machine. Assuming the one you posted is your new one and not the old replacement. I'm ready to replace mine though.....just don't know with what yet.

    ReplyDelete