Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rise and Shine mini-quilt

This was my first stab at a miniature quilt. I've found that I really enjoy the process of quilting, but I have a short attention span so full size (and even baby size!) quilts can feel a little monotonous to me by the time I'm nearing the end. That's not the case with a mini quilt! This one measures 13x16 and every part of it was so much fun to make! If you're new to quilting, this is a great way to get your feet wet without the commitment (and expense!) of a big quilt. I tried a little embroidery on this one too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mini quilts are generally used as a wall hanging, but they work as a unique table topper or placemat too!

Photobucket

I see many more mini-quilts in my future! This one is in the shop.




Molly

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and cheery. I must learn how to embroider - it adds a great touch to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete